Things to do
in Your Lifetime
- Find yourself. Learn who you are.
- Run a marathon
- Hike and camp alone for a week.
- Write a story
- Listen to Enya's Watermark or Shepherd Moons.
- Walk alone in a graveyard and read the headstones.
- Paint a painting.
- Watch Dead Poet's Society
- Fall in love with someone who loves you back. If possible, find your
- Write poetry.
- Go skinny dipping.
- Learn to play music.
- Find your calling in life. Find the pursuit that most perfectly suits
and appropriately challenges your unique personality. The thing you do all
the time anyway. The way you naturally think. The way your brain
works naturally. Find what you are naturally passionate about and forge it
into a pursuit.
- Fly in an airplane at least once.
- Take a train trip across the country.
- Read a good book with a mug of hot chamomille tea, a blanket over your knees
and a plate of hot buttered toast by your side.
- Record your dreams upon waking. They're fascinating. You may not
have known your subconscious could be so creative and rich.
- Sit in a hot jacuzzi under the stars with a good book and a cold drink.
- Read Siddhartha
- See Lake Como, Italy
- Travel to Europe
- Travel to Africa
- Raise a child. Ideally, your own child; but not necessarily.
- Run in a rainstorm. Dance in a rainstorm.
- Learn to surf.
- Grow a garden.
- Go to a day spa or a weekend spa retreat.
- Go to the zoo.
- Hitchhike in New Zealand.
- Watch The Razor's Edge (starring Tyrone Power)
- Make love in a rainforest.
- Surf at sunset.
- Try rock climbing (with an experienced rock-climbing leader or group)
- Bike or motorcycle across the country.
- Stand up for something or someone you believe in.
- Learn to sail.
- Watch Before Sunrise and watch Before Sunset
- Read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance